Basil and Tomato Turkey Wraps
¾ lb deli-style turkey
5 small ripe tomatoes, seeded, diced
2 large BC Hot House bell peppers, seeded, julienned
125 ml grated daikon or jicama (available in the produce department) ½ cup
14 g fresh basil, julienned 1.2 oz
1 head butter or curly lettuce, washed, dried
4 large Western Family flour tortillas (spinach, sun-dried tomato or whole wheat)
15 ml Western Family Dijon mustard 1 tbsp
3 ml ground white pepper 1/2 tsp
3 ml salt 1/2 tsp
30 ml red wine vinegar 2 tbsp
75 ml Western Family extra virgin olive oil 5 tbsp
- Julienne the turkey and place in a small bowl.
- Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, daikon, basil and torn lettuce leaves in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl with a hand-held blender or in a food processor.
- Use some of the dressing to dress the turkey and some to dress the vegetables in the other bowl. Use only the amount of dressing you prefer. Any leftover dressing will last in the fridge for several days.
- Lay the tortillas on the counter. Place the turkey strips in a line across the middle of each tortilla. Top with the mixed vegetables.
- Roll up each tortilla away from you and wrap each tightly in plastic wrap (for transporting), or serve immediately by cutting in half diagonally.